What does "LO" stand for?

It took me forever to figure out what a "dh" and "dd" and all those other stupid things meant....today was the first time I saw "lo" what is that? Little other? lol I have no clue.

v8v

Asked by v8v at 5:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in About CafeMom

• little one

Answer by louise2 at 5:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Gotcha lol. My mind just doesn't think in those little two letter acronyms lol. I guess I haven't been around forums enough? It just seems so random to me. It would be like me saying my "bg" for beautiful girl. I could essentially take any random term of endearment and use the first two letters. Is "lo" really that common? Where do the acronyms stop? lol Sorry...mini rant I guess haha
    v8v

Comment by v8v (original poster) at 5:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Put this link in the address bar and go to 2nd reply

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/11442691/The_CafeMom_Help_Desk_Ask_Questions_Here_FAQs_Tips_and_Abbreviations
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I've seen it as this Loved One

You can find other Abbreviations here.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Little One. There is a long list of abbreviations in the Newcombers Club.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You will get Loved One Little one Loser One Long One Lost One Last One or maybe even Long One depending on which person you ask.
    treece

Answer by treece at 3:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Little one. SO got me for a while, I only later discovered it's Significant other. :)
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 5:08 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Little one
    Coltsmommy2210

Answer by Coltsmommy2210 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• Abbreviations in Cafe Mom, plain and simple it is know as the new shorthand that was used as a subject in school, used in business, and also on teachers remarks on the papers they bring home. I got my first education when I joined facebook, and my kids would email me and say didn't you read what I wrote? There is a dictionary so we can look up what is abbreviated, trick is, each day there are more and more.

chillywilly10

Answer by chillywilly10 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• theres a section in here with abbreviations....i suggest you find it.
    hotchocolatema1

Answer by hotchocolatema1 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2011