I don't know if this question has been asked or not. I have looked for this question but it takes too much time. Anyway, a friend of mine just had a c-section and she said they used stitches on her. She wants to know how long does it take for her the stitches to disappear. They stapled me so I didn't know what to tell her at all. If anybody knows or has shared this experience I would appreciate your answers.

mommyB830

Asked by mommyB830 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Disolving stitches are usually reserved for stitching internally or when needed for small children. Is she sure they are the disolving kind? She should double check with her doctor because usually you have to go and get the stitches taken out in a few weeks.

I also was stapled btw. I think most women are.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• yes they are desolvable stitches. i had them. however i was allergic to them (horrible) would never reccommend getting them to anyone. they i was told they take as long as regular ones, as long as your lucky lol
    hailsmama

Answer by hailsmama at 9:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I was in the hospital for a week after delivering my daughter. I don't remember much about that time (long story), but I believe my stitches were dissolved by the time I left.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 1:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I had internal stitches so I really don't know when they disolve. Its been a month and I think they've disolved
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2008