Need good ideas for items to put in packages to send to Afghanistan

When my hubby was in the Navy I sent packages all the time but always knew what he wanted. But I have 2 female friends in Afghanistan right now and need some help as to what would be good in a care package. If anyone has any good ideas please let me know

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 6:05 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• I usually send Deodorant, Pads & Tampons, Paper w Pens [and afew greeting cards - especially holiday ones], Snacks of course [trail mix, crackers, little debbie cakes [holiday ones r a big hit], Feminine Wipes, Handi Wipes, 2 or 3 of those sm photo albums, ALWAYS 4 or 5 Sharpies [permanent markers].

HOPE THIS HELPS ABIT :)
    NYladybug

Answer by NYladybug at 6:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Also you could have your kids make pictures or finger paintings or something. That way they can get involved in supporting our troops also...I know I plan on having my one year old sit down with me and so some fun finger painting to send to them.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 7:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• you could send some photos and books, mybe an cd player and some cds to keep them occupied
    AsianBeauty

Answer by AsianBeauty at 8:01 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Or snacks produced from your area - specialties, like maple syrup, honey, chocolate ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i would add some snacks, some nice stationary so they can write letters home, a book, magazines, deodorant, body wash, lotion, etc.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• First, find out from their commander what they are allowed to have shipped over there. Some countries have regulations about what can come through so do some troops. You want to give them stuff that is light, easy to carry, and can be used on the move. Because they're always going and their backbacks weight that of another person, they aren't too excited to get stuff thats heavy. You also want stuff thats going to be around for a week or two. It may take that long to get it to them. Also, find out specifics about what they even like. If you know a good protein bar, gum, finger file, hair ties, lip balm, moisturizers in a tube, even those hair shampoos that come in a flat package w/cream rince. raisens, dried fruit, powered coco, Tear out a picture of the ocean and green country or Mountains from a magizine for them to carry. Something pretty and sweet, like babies, puppies and cats...Something to see when around them is bad/
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 3:00 AM on Oct. 6, 2010