what can you do to help your baby get through a cold

jomama2467

Asked by jomama2467 at 7:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• humidifiers, or sit in the bathroom with a hot shower going in the steam...it will help the congestion...and lots and LOTS of vitamin C and no sugar.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 7:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• WELL I CANT GIVE HIM VITAMEN C BECAUSE HE IS ONLY 15 MONTHS AND WE DONT DRINK JUICE SO WHAT R SOME THINGS I CAN GIVE THEM
    jomama2467

Comment by jomama2467 (original poster) at 7:24 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You can get vitamin c in orange pieces, broccoli, mango, kiwi, tomatoes and peaches. Saline drops in the nose and then suction will help with stuffiness.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• At 15 months I didn't think vitamin C was bad. But yes, humidifier - make sure it's clean... and I used to live in the country for about a year where a dear neighbor told me to rub Baby Vicks on her feet & put socks on before bed. It worked AMAZINGLY. Wouldn't hurt to put a little on his chest too - they have it in Lavender scents too. Good luck mama!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 7:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You can get vitamin c in liquid form from a health food store as well as another vitamin that will help shorten the duration of the cold (don't remember the name but it was a pinky red color that will stain). It worked amazingly well at stopping my DD's cold in it's tracks this time last year and she was 16 mos old at the time. I hope he feels better and a lot of the other suggestions we have used as well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Try vick's vapor and vick's rub for his congestion. Cold medicine, fruit, vegetables and alot of rest. You can get vitamin C in gummy bears and drops. I hope he wells better.
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 9:21 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I put children's vicks on my son's back and chest and I use a cool mist humidifier. It seems to make him feel better at night and help him sleep.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 9:26 AM on Oct. 5, 2010