What do you think about people who drive their kids to a rich neighborhood to go Trick or Treating?

I know people who load up their vans with tons of kids and take them to the rich neighborhoods to get the 'good stuff'. Do you think this is okay or do you think you should stay in your own neighborhoods to Trick or Treat?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 7:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• As long as they don't cause any problems in the neighborhood, I don't see anything wrong with it
    jufaswife

Answer by jufaswife at 5:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I think it's all in fun and as long as no one is getting hurt it's fine. I am sure the people in the 'rich' neighborhoods are used to it and if they didn't like it would turn their light off.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Where I live, alot of people bring their kids to our neighborhood to treat. And, it's not a "rich neighborhood", lol. But, it does have nice sidewalks throughout, great lighting and is very safe.
    And to be honest, I enjoy it! It means we get to see lots of little ones all dressed up for the occasion, and have the sounds of children's laughter floating around at least one night a year! Plus, my son loves that all his friends come to our neighborhood to trick or treat, since he is an only child and would only get to walk with me and DH if they didn't, lol.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My first reaction is "snobs". But I can understand if they just want their children to be able to have fun running around at night in a "safer" neighborhood.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 7:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I live in a busy Halloween neighborhood - lots of houses and we see lots of kids from areas of town that are much more rural. We don't mind at all.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 8:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't mind the little ones, it's the older kids who come by the van load and don't even wear a costume. Last year, I had some girl come to my door and tell me the candy was for her baby in the stroller. When I looked, that baby couldn't have been more than a month old!
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Honestly what does it matter? I lived in a modest neighborhood growing up and EVERYONE brought their kids there to trick or treat. Some people live in places where it's not really feasible to take their kids so they have no choice but to go elsewhere. It's pretty sad that those people complain but if they don't like it, they can always not participate. It's not mandatory!
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 8:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think as long as the kids are having fun, great. Less candy I have to buy to pass out...lol
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 7:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• around here...it'd be a waste of time and effort lol...they have what everybody else has
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• There are to many other things in life to worry about. I dont mind it especially if the areas are safer.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 8:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2010