how can i gain more weight and im 22 wks along???

im 22 wks along and have only gained 12 pounds since i got pregnant....is there anything i caneat that will help me gain more weight for the sake of me and the baby to gain some weight

AsianBeauty

Asked by AsianBeauty at 7:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The only reason you should be concerned is if that you are intentionally not eating enough calories. Otherwise be patient b/c in the last 2-3 mos you will gain at about a pound a week and that will put you upwards of 35 pounds which is fine. I gained closer to 40 with my pregnancy. Just eat so that you are eating a healthy balanced diet.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Your body should be doing what's right for you - unless like coala said, you're intentionally not eating enough calories. Indulge in those cravings, mama!! Try to eat healty but by no means refuse that cupcake you've been eyeing all day!! :)
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 7:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I will give u some of mine... :D
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I only gained 16 pounds with my first and 23 with my second. If you are eating enough and healthy don't be stressed. Tell your Dr you are eating healthy. My Dr was very concerned but both birth weights of sons were good. best wishes
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:26 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• you're probably fine. not everyone gets fat when they're pregnant lol. some women (especially petite women) gain hardly any weight at all and have perfectly normal babies. don't stress.....that can harm the baby
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You're fine that's about how much I gained at that point now I'm at 40 lbs! And the baby doesn't really wstart packing on the weight until the 3rd trimester
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:05 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Don't worry about how much weight you gained. I gained 14, 11, and 15 pounds during my pregnancies.... and that was it. But I ended up with 3 healthy babies ( I was ALL BABY!) Every woman is different. Your probably eating the perfect amount and burning off the excess. Don't stress.... all will be well. I'm on my 4th, at 17 weeks, and I have only gained 5 pounds....
    FinaOrlando

Answer by FinaOrlando at 9:15 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You're doing fine. You still have about 18 weeks to go and baby puts on most of it's weight in the last trimester. I was only allowed a 15 pound weight gain over the entire pregnancy and the baby was perfectly healthy. You do NOT need to gain weight right now at all. You and your baby will be fine. The more you add the more you will have to lose after delivery.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Don't worry about it. As long as your fetus is developing normally you don't need to gain more weight.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:39 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I only gained 10lbs with my first and so far I have lost 8lbs with my current pregnancy and I am not doing anything differently. As long as your doctor isn't worried about it you are fine.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2010