mucus plug?

ok i wanted to know when can you loose your mucus plug? i am 33 weeks 3 days and just wondering. and do you always loose it

tandie1977

Asked by tandie1977 at 7:52 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Honestly I had no idea what a mucous plug was until I was in my childbirth class about a month before I was due with DD, and she flat out asked me if I had lost it in front of everyone because I was the furthest along. (I had to wait because DH worked out of town & this was his only opportunity to take off work for the class.) I was embarassed, it sounds so gross. I don't remember any event last time where I lost a mucous plug, apparently I had to and I don't remember, I guess it was that insignificant a "passing".
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 7:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I didn't see mine at all. I lost it at the hospital when I was already in labor. It shouldn't fall out until you are starting to dialate and your cervix is getting soft. I think I was around 6cm when the nurses started to see "bloody show". I was dialated 2cm for like a month and never lost it. Although I guess some women do find it in their underwear or see it on toilet paper. I hope you are not seeing any blood at 33 weeks, if you are go to the doc.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:21 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Everyone loses it at a different time. My first was at the onset of labor, my other two was about 2-3 weeks before (although that is pretty early.). You only see it when you wipe, at least I did.
    FinaOrlando

Answer by FinaOrlando at 9:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i dnt remember
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• my doctor actually removed mine at 38 weeks to try to naturally induce me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I lost mine when I was in abour, like 3ish hours before I had the baby.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010