circumcised ?

im pretty much due any day now. and i know i want to get my son circumcised. anyone know anything about this?? should i get it done at the hospital or some other place??

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have 2 boys and I had it done at the hospital with no problems thank GOD

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• There are different ways to do it. I chose the "cut". It's a lot simpler, and once it's done, it's done. There is another method where they put some kind of thing on it and just let the skin die and fall off. That was WAY too gross for me.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My son is circumcised and the hospital used this ring lthat makes the skin die like the PP posted. It was kind of a pain in the butt waiting for to come off. It finally came off when I changed his diaper.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• my son was circumcised @ the hospital with no problems except a little bleeding.
    BabyMama_4

Answer by BabyMama_4 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Two of my sons were cut and one son had the ring. Neither type of circumcision gave us any problems.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 7:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I forgot to add that I had them all done at the hospital. I figured that it would be a pain in the butt to have to later go to the Dr. and have it done. I prefer to go to the Dr. as little as possible.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 7:31 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My son's was done at the hospital. There were no complications, you just have to make sure to follow their directions for after you're home.
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• my sons was done at a hospital with the ring- its called a plastibell. It is on for a few days before it falls off, and towards the end it looksl ike the head of the penis is coming detached (i was freaked out... just be ready for this possibility). I am really glad i did it with the plastibell, the thought of a knive down there is a little scary- but babies aren't too squirmy when they are 1-2 days old, so the chance of something going wrong is pretty much nonexistent.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My ob did the boys. I thought the pedi was suppose to but when I was in the hospital my pedi asked me if I wanted it done. SO just be prepared for the ? and give your approval if that's what you want.
    nightowlmama4

Answer by nightowlmama4 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• my son was done in the hosptial the day after he was born, eveyrthing went perfectly fine, and he healed perfectly.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 9:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2008