Ridddle me this...just something to make you think!

Can you honestly claim to know G-d and Jesus and what they truly wanted for us or is it based on what you have read and what you claim to be in your heart? Can you honestly tell me that you know for sure that G-d doesn't support gays or divorce without regards to the bible? All we know about G-d of the Jewish belief and Christian is what is written in a book. Are you putting your faith in that or are you stepping outside the box and allowing the spirit to work through you and you follow what is in your own heart?

JuJubean1979

Asked by JuJubean1979 at 8:20 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Historians, acheaologists, scientists and creation itself reveals so very much about Jehovah, all of which is in harmony with His own word the Bible. Bible prophecy explains the meaning of world conditions; enables us to understand the purpose of life; and shows how we can have the very things that lovers of righteousness desire most.

Mat 7:21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness."

Knowing and pleasing God are not the same thing. We NEED His Bible.
    joyfulily

Answer by joyfulily at 8:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I go off what is in my heart and not in writing. I dont agree with how some people take some things very strictly and I would not want to believe in a god that hates some, so i dont
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 8:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Same here las
    JuJubean1979

Comment by JuJubean1979 (original poster) at 8:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• All I know is what I have learned through study, prayer, my personal relationship with God, and the conviction He has laid in my heart.

Of course, I do believe He "supports" gays, and that He understands we make mistakes and allows for divorce, but I also believe that I have a good understanding of what He wants, which, IMO, is for us to constantly cultivate our love for each other, as well as the other virtues that are a part of love - compassion, humility, graciousness - those virtues which I believe make up His own character and are encouraged by almost every faith of the world. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Oh, and of course, I believe He wants us to cultivate relationships with Him, whatever our understandings of and relationships to Him may be... :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Nobody knows what God wants. I would think that God wants for nothing.
    As far as Biblical teachings, the only thing that I have found as to what God wants or what his will is-is that we all are to be thankful in all things.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• so in other words, you're questioning someone else's faith, because its different from yours..correct?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Nah, you can't say anything for sure.

But don't tell them that. ;D

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'm Jewish so I believe in G-d, but I don't believe in Jesus. And yes, I put all my faith in the Torah because I've studied it and seen for myself wisdom and knowledge that couldn't belong to men of that time. That proves to me that the origin of those words is something beyond human.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I am not questioning anyone I am making a simple debate on if we can truly know any "god" for sure
    JuJubean1979

Comment by JuJubean1979 (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2010