Lump on my Throat Part 2

Part 1:

This was my first issue: Lump on my throat

I found a lump on my throat/neck today if you are looking at me straight on it is on the left (my right) About a 1/2-1 inch from where my neck ends. About 1/2 inch from my collar bone going up? It kind of a long lump. Size is about 1 inch high and 11/2 inches long going to the side of my neck.. I have a call into my doctor and no call back yet?? Any ideas?

Part 2:

Went to the doctor had a ultrasound of it they said my thyroid was fine... My doctor is out til monday so what the hell is this on my throat sticking out.. I just thought they would be able to tell what it was if it was not my thyroid what the hell it was?? I am a little aggravated having to go into the weekend with this lump on my neck? Not know what it is?? Any more suggestions??

JamiesMom08

Asked by JamiesMom08 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Health

• Damn they made you go the weekend worrying? what kind of doctor is this,I had a lump on mine and they did an ultra sound on mine my thyroid was fine too but what they found was I had a cyst on my thyroid I had to go to an ear,nose and throat doctor and had it removed that was probably about 4 yrs ago and its not come back if it is on the front of your throat it sounds like a cyst on the thyroid which isnt bad,the incision isnt very big,I hope its nothing bad.good luck your in my prayers.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 6:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• the doctor probably ruled out the most serious thing it could be and since it was not your thyroid they will let you know what is is as soon as possible. Wish they were not making you wait. My first impression was a cyst also. I know it is hard to wait but something to keep in mind is that doctors are people too and have a responsibility to a lot of people. You are important to them, it is most likely that they may be dealing with some very serious issues as well. Hope your doctor gets to you very soon and has an easy cure for your bump.
    Meerkatie

Answer by Meerkatie at 7:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Well I finally go tot speak to the nurse./... Not the doctor and she is sending me to a ear nose and throat doctor.. Great another appt. $$$$$ wich will probably mean more testing......... I=So I here it goes again.. I go on Wed.
    JamiesMom08

Answer by JamiesMom08 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2008