Should I be concerned?

At my 12 week ultrasound, baby's heart rate was 158, now I just had my 20 week ultrasound and baby's heart rate was right at 140. We found out she's a girl. With my first girl her heart rate was in the 150's (if I remember correctly) all throughout the pregnancy. I know she's growing, so that accounts for a slower heart rate, I just feel that's a drastic drop in heart rate in a short time.

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 8:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no, it is well within the range of normal. the difference could have been she was active before and this time she was sleeping or just becoming active. nothing to worry about
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If your doctor isnt concerned than I dont think you should be....they say that a good heart rate has a huge range. I wouldnt worry about it, stressing over it isnt gonna help anything at all.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• my youngest had heart rate's in the 140's to 130's my entire pregnancy. before i found out the sex i was sure she was a boy, since the old wives tales say lower heart rate's are boys. but nope, she was a girl, just with a slower heart rate my other two girls :) im sure everything is fine sweetie!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• it changes depending on the time of day, what youw ere doing prior, what she is doing, etc. It goes all over the place. My son was 173 to 140 and never had a problem
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 8:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• So far doc says everything's cool, and I feel her moving a lot! :) So deep down I feel like everything's fine, but I tend to not worry ENOUGH.
    I think I'm having a guilty conscience as I sip my 2nd cup of coffee today (1/2 caff)... I haven't been watching the caffeine as much as I did last pregnancy and I know it's not a HUGE deal, but it's a deal.
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I bet she was sleeping. I was all excited to have both grandmas in for the "big reveal" (boy or girl) and to have them see their first LIVE ultrasound - to see the baby moving on the screen right before their eyes. She didn't move very much at all... I was a little disappointed.
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 8:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2010