Would you move in with your ex husband?

I am recently divorced with a 10 month old. I was married to a guy with a 7 year old who is like mine. My ex asked me last night if the baby and I wanted to move in and take care of the 7 year old. because he has to get a second job. We get along fine now. It would save both of us lots of money. what sh0uld I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• It depepends on your relationship I guess but as for me no way would I ever move in with my ex.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 8:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Definitely not , Ive already made that mistake once I won't make it again! I suggest if your considering it you give it alot of thought. If he's totally changed that might be a differant story but thats not usually the case.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• An EX is an EX for a reason. Give this some very careful thought. It could get very sticky!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:39 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If he's an ex and you've agreed to only be roommates... and you get along fine... why not? Give it some thought but I don't see why not...
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 8:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My ex husbands ex wife (the wife before me) moved in with him for a few months. They were WAY over each other though & nothing silly or romantic ever happened. She just needed a place to stay & he offered her to stay there in exchange for some house cleaning & some babysitting. It actually worked out great for them both. She did get a job though & moved out once she had enough money saved. I thought it was weird, but they just lived like roomates for like 6 months. It helped them both out.

Only you know the dynamics of y'alls relationships. Definitely think about the bad things that could possibly come out of this & wiegh them with the good things. You're going to have to give it some serious thought. 10 months is not that long ago. Y'all are freshly divorced. Definitely think long & hard about it before making any rash decisions.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Why not? As long as you guys get along. My parents were divorced for two years then moved back in together to take care of me, and they have now been remarried for 21 years. GL to you!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Keep it formal, on a room mate basis and make sure you set up some ground rules.
    It really depend on why you all broke up for in the first place.
    I know I have an EX we tried to be more than friends got engaged and everything. We really were only meant to be friends. We parted as friends. I know I could live with him,
    my Ex husband ......not so much, maybe now that so much time has passed. for that it would have to be a lat resort type thing.
    But you really really need to have ground rules set up first maybe even a contract that you both have to sign.
    Keep it business like.
    Good luck

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes. If we were friends and the situation was helpful to both of us I'd have no problem doing so.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You must think about this very seriously. A lot of people say forgive and forget the thing with that statement is it is hard to forgive but you can but forget? I don't think you should. Ask yourself what made you two break up in the first place? Okay, you may get along great now that you are no longer together but even if you decide to be "roommies" that is still a form of togetherness and think of how many room mate wind up hating each other because of dislikes they find once living together?
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 8:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Like others have said, this is something you need to give a lot of thought. What about the child? How will they be affected? I know the child would probably love having you back in the home, but if there is any chance there will be any stress or awkwardness between you and your ex, this could be negative for the child.

But if you both feel that you can live together in harmony then it could be a good thing. You need to think and weigh the effects for everyone involved.

Good Luck. I hope you make the best choice for the children and yourself.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 8:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2010