Getting rid of ads

Is there ANY way to get rid of The Stir ads at the bottom of the screen? I find most of the topics listed there to be very offensive and the ad really can't be avoided.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Those are not ads, they are part of the Around CafeMom section so no, there isn't a way to block them. They are links to another part of the site. In this case the extra sugar box on The Stir which is a part of CafeMom just like the answers or journals are. If you find them offensive don't click in. That is what I do when offensive posts or questions appear in this section.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If you have FF, I now you can download the Ad Blocker. I think Chrome and IE have something you can download also. Just google ad blocker and your browser you use.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• The only offensive one was the lice ad., the rest is advertising and is part of the blitz of ads....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• A pop-up blocker won't work on that type of ad. I know because i have one on my computer. Ads which are part of the page design (like the ones for The Stir) can't be avoided.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• When I had a Ad Blocker NOT a Pop up blcoker, it took all ads away.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't have any ads at all. Firefox plus ad blocker.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010