Need advice/opinions!!!! Party etiquette!

My 10 year old daughter has been invited to two parties on the same night. They start one hour from each other. She is good friends with both girls and both girls came to my daughters party. I feel like it is rude to leave one party early and show up late to the other. My husband thinks going to both is better than missing one. My daughter was in tears last night b/c she doesn't want to hurt any feelings!! I'm just curious for other opinions on this. THANKS!!!!

zetta816

Asked by zetta816 at 9:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• i agree with your husband..... how could she choose which party to miss anyway? i think it is better to leave early from one to go to the other one late. it shouldn't be a big deal to the friends....she could explain the situation to them and they should understand if they're really her friend
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• since both girls camet o your daughter's party, i think she should explain the situation to both girls and go on time to one party and go late to the other party - so no feelings will be hurt -
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree with your husband. If I were you I would encourage her going to both. Maybe see if she can arrive a little early at one, or go a little late to the second one. That way no feelings are hurt!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree with ur hubby
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Showing up for both would be the solution even if it's late for the other.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010