What is a healthy delicious way to cook a whole chicken?

I usually cook it with tons of butter and adobo but I am trying to lose weight and I would love to find a better way of cooking it! Any advice? Thanks

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It doesn't need butter, it already has oily skin on it. you can smother it with herbs on the outside and tie a bunch of fresh herbs & stick them in the inside too. You can also make a brine. Here is a little something about brine for chicken. It really makes them taste GREAT!

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Poultry/BriningPoultry.htm

When i am lazy though, i will just cover it in whatever herbs i have. Sometimes, I'll even stuff it with breadcrumbs along with the fresh herbs. You can also glaze it with things like BBQ sauce. Bake it keep basting it with BBQ sauce to keep it moist & to have a yummy glaze. You can glaze whole chicken with lots of different flavors.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I meant to say bake it, just as princess beth said. I usually bake mine, although I did smoke a whole chicken one time & it was a great bbq chicken!

Basting works great as i said before. You can baste it with salad dressings, bbq sauce, a lemony sauce, mojo is GREAT, you can also use any marinade...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• How about the Drunken Chicken? Where you put it on a can of beer, and cover it in seasonings! Tastes incredible!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I roast it in the oven without any butter, it's not like a turkey you really don't have to do that. Instead, I season the inside and out with season salt, garlic salt and pepper and bake at 350 for 20 minutes per pound plus and extra 20, just to be sure.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Roasted in the oven with lemon and herbs.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I roast it in the oven with an herb mix - sage, thyme, rosemary, some salt and pepper. I lightly coat it with extra virgin olive oil, then rub it with my herb mix. Sometimes I'll baste it with light beer - it really keeps the meat juicy and tender.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i just put it in the oven with seasoning on the outside. it always comes out yummy lol. just put it in a pan, put it in a 350 oven for a couple of hours (depending on the size of the chicken) and that's it lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2010