I just wish my Mother-in-law knew!

I'd love to tell my mother-in-law a thing or two. Mostly, thank you for raising such an awesome son for me to love these past thirty years! What would you say? Plz keep it clean. Thank you

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 9:05 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• ..how much her son would LOVE IT if she were as involved with us and our child, as she is with her daughter's kids.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Seeing what a kind, loving, grandmother you are makes me wonder how you could've treated your son so horribly.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• That the kids can see how mean and vindictive she is and that she's cutting her own throat with them. She always says how important family is, but she treats her's like crap.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:25 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have told my mother in law already she raised a very loving ,hardworking, handsome, awesome, amazing father , hubby, son! I told her that her son is the most amazing and caring person I have met she has smiled @ me and said Oh I know :)
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• HA ! I have actually told my MIL this.....LOL
    We were talking one day about nothing really, just chatting. and I said to her............
    "You know I have been thinking lately what a great DH I have. I know a lot of women out there who bitch about their DH and their MIL's But I don't , not really I have a great MIL and a great DH . I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful job you and FIL did in raising him. ya did good !! lol thanks"
    or something pretty close to that, can't remember it all.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would tell her that I think, next to my own mother, she is the best mom ever. She raised a good son. I know the difficulty she endured with her children and I'm proud that at least 2 turned out to be responsible, mature adults. My husband is a great man and I know she did the best she could and instilled in him to be a good, hardworking and loving man.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would tell her, She has more grandchildren who dont live as far away as she seems to believe. come see them. Please
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You guys are lucky! I would tell my MIL that she doesn't know and appreciate how wonderful her son is.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would tell her I think she was a complete failure as a mom. Abusive, neglectful, and twisted. But, I don't. I just keep the peace.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would say: Thank you for raising your son to be an incredible husband, father to my son, and a great person. However, please try to not push me to do things I do not like or try to do things your way, my parents are happy with the way I live my life as you are happy with the way your son lives his life. Thank You.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010