Where do I go from here?

Some of us just had a baby. Some just sent their child to school for the first time. Others are having to decide if their parent should come live with them or go into assistant living. Some just lost the love of their life. Since we don't get a book of instructions, maybe someone who sees your question, might have some insight to get you over the hump. What's your question? Or do you have some insight for someone? Plz keep it clean. Thank you. ')

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 9:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hmmmm my insite.... If you are a SAHM who's last little one just started school get a hobby quick before you go crazy.....My neighbor is going through this and is driving her family members crazy because she is bored and lonely.

My question.. How do you help you SO get through the loss of a parent when he won't open up?
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My husband lost his father in July and now his mother is close to death. They were married 65 years and we knew this would probably happen. Everyone grieves differenly - you cannot make him talk. You can tell him how you feel - that you loved his mom or dad too and maybe frame a nice photo of that person and place it in a prominent spot in your house.
    connie45

Answer by connie45 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• connie45 - i have done the picture thing. I took an end-table and placed an american flag (he was a vietnam vet) on it, an eagle statue with a plaque that has his name and RIP on it and a picture of him, my hubby, and my son in it. I also had a mug with the army insignia on it and "in memory of" wit his name on it made and that sits on the table. It is kind of a memoryial setup for him. i just dont know what else i can do for him. He hasn't talked, cried or anything and it has been over a year. I just want my hubby back
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Right now I am just loving life. Getting my apartment in the next two months furnishing it and having hubby live with us! Just loving life to the fullest. I am trying to enjoy every moment, good or bad, because without the bad there wouldn't be any good..
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Ok, no bashing... My hubby is a WOW player :( It's a computer game, that is online. It seems like that is the only thing he EVER want to do. I feel soooo bored, and invisible. If I ask him to do something he usually will. Sometimes though he gets attitude, like he's annoyed that I'm bugging him.. Idk. He comes by it naturally though. His dad plays it ALL the time-- from the time he gets up pretty much, until he goes to bed......
    I've played with him a couple times just to do something with him...to me it is so "mundane" like you do the same crap over and over. Not my cup of tea and I don't get how he is so "in to" it...
    Not a question, just a vent, I guess.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• For those who have spouses that have a loss, if their unable to let go, maybe getting them into a group where others have lost their loved ones would help them open up? Or possibly seeing a Therapist. Plz don't take it personal. In their minds they think you don't understand because it didn't happen to you. The best thing you can do, is get out during those moments, do something for yourself. Another thing you can do is make some plans to do something together; to get their minds off the problems & out of the house. Take a weekend drive to a bed & breakfast. Go to a video place & have him pick out some funny movies to get those chemicals that make us happy working. Even taking a hike, riding a bike, or going for a swim. For the video mom. Make a deal. One day he plays with the video, next day he plays with you. Or play for three hours and two with you. You both choose whats best & keeps you together! Pray he gets sick of them!
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 6:05 AM on Oct. 8, 2010