What to do if what's out there (job wise) is not enough?

What to do if I'm head of household or just on my own two feet when I cannot fit into the available jobs?

I don't qualify for disability.
Work at home jobs are not sustainable enough for me.
I cannot move because of lack of support or money.
I need more immediate returns than starting my own business.

I just need to find a job that's right for me in an area with high unemployment. How do I do this?

Sincerely,

~ Grown Cry Baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well for one I think honestly, you're looking at the wrong WAH businesses or jobs. You need something with a HIGH necessity, but without the HIGH EXTREME effort, that pays well.
    Although most of the party type businesses are fun and real, they dont generally pay more than fun money...for example I have a gal in TX who asked me for info, she said she has a successful biz with Scentsy, she cleared 450.00 last month..I replied I make that in 1 hour.
    Where are you located and what are you will to do or not to do. I really do make a FT income working about 20 hours a week, and I am home....I will be replacing not only my income but my DH's income as well...I ws just rewarded yesterday with consistent 12 mons Players Club consistency from my company..what does that equate to ..well a 300.00 a month cash car bonus allowance.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• BY the way, yes most businesses take effort to get off the ground..but we offer DAILY direct deposit...I enrolled at 230 on a friday afternoon and was paid back for it with my first referral 2 hours later...Deposited in my acct by the following Tues. THat;s IMMEDIATE
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You could try 2 flexible part time jobs.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Hi, my name is Renee Smith.
    I am going to share two websites with you I pray that the information will help you. My contact information is on the websites feel free to contact me. i hope to hear from you soon. www.reneersmith.greatcareerplan.com and www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/reneersmith
    RED57

Answer by RED57 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Do two part-time jobs. If you have nothing and need to support yourself, then you need to drop your expectations and stardards. If you NEED a job, then you should be willing to work anywhere for anything.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Expand the area of your job search and have a longer commute. Or search for jobs nationally that offer relocation reembursement.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• There are lots of jobs out there, you just might have to move to get them. I live near St. Louis and the market is such that they can't find enough people to fill the jobs. Also, I heard that Pepsi in Marion, IL is actually hiring for drivers and providing the CDL absolutely free. What a great thing that is.
    Anonymous

• Christmas is coming so seasonal work will be everywhere. A great chance to get your foot in the door on a year round basis.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 4:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• try to hold on as best you can. get 2 lower paying jobs to tide you over.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2010