Mohawks on little boys??

Are they suppose to be cute?? Am I missing something??? I think they look like little criminals or psychos in trainning!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I disagree. My friend's 4 year old ds wanted one really badly so she gave in and he loves it and I think he looks absolutely adorable.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I personally do not care for mohawks on children ot pets. :) Just my opinion
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think its hair and hair can be combed out, grown out, cut, colored, what ever the child wants. It is typically the one thing that the school dress codes don't touch.

If the little boy wants a mohawk - so be it. As long as it is kept clean.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i give my girls fake mohawks when their hair is wet. it's all in good fun. now if i had a boy and he asked for a real one, i dont know. i wouldnt do it to my own kid but to each their own.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I personally would not do one...but dont HATE them on other boys. If they are in fun....if a boy thinks thats the only way he can wear his hair then thats a problem.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I also don't like mohawks. They are very wite trash looking. Even when i was in grade school & boys used to get mohawks, i would think "that looks so bad".

Once a guy gets older & wants to have a mohawk, i don't think it looks as bad. It looks more punk rock on adults. But, i think it looks trashy on anyone younger than like...14.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree~~~
    LovingIT2008

Answer by LovingIT2008 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• my husbands cousin's son has one and i think it definately looks stupid. It makes the child look like a degenerate and gives abad first impression.....of course then you meet the child and realize he is a hoodlem so its a good warning system if the kid is a brat! J/k

IMO mohawks on boys are as bad as these little grade school girls running around with died hair.....really? is that necessary?
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 9:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I dont like them at all - and they are made even worse when parents leave that ugly little tail of hair down at the neckline!
    connie45

Answer by connie45 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• well, as a military family, i must say that many boys in the sumer ( about 3/4 o my street) get mohawks! Mychild is well dressed, and well behaved, and persoally, I think it is cute ! The fact tht you would juge based on appearance cares me for your kids! I mean how biased can yu be? BTWwhe he doesnt ave amohak, he has a miitary high and tight, and I assume that to you that wouldmake hi a well adjusted child!?! Well the fact is no matter what a child wears as hair, they are still a child!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2010