Did/Do you use a diaper bag a lot...or not at all? What type/kind was your fav?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 9:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used a regular messenger bag with lots of pockets. From Old Navy I think, definitely not a diaper bag.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I used it a lot. Mine was the huge one made by Jeep. I got it at Walmart (I think). It was nice to know that I always had everything with me should I need it. When she turned 2, I downsized.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I really don't use one alot... the one I do use is small - enough for 2 outfits, a few jars of food, and a ziplock baggie with some puffs in it, 5 diapers and some wet wipes. I nurse when i'm with my baby so I don't need to pack bottles.
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have a big jeep name brand one that I use for day trips! Very useful I have a smaller Eddie Bauer one that i use every day and love and then there is the diaper dude bag with skulls on it for my husband. I like the way it looks but the shape of it isnt very useful at all
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I just bought a new one, digital camo that says "my daddy my hero". My husband is Army, so it was pretty relevant for us. But it's really cute. It has a ton of pockets and it's really big so it holds everything. This is the only bag that i carry, so it's important that it fits everything.
    Victoria H.

Answer by Victoria H. at 10:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have a cute baby blue diaper bag with a dragon fly on it. I use it all the time! I carry both my kids items in there, since one is 14 months and one is 3 weeks old.
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 10:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I never used a traditional diaper bag. I found them overly insulated, bulky, and the styles were too cutesy. I really couldn't even settle on one of them, let alone choose one that I honestly liked. Therefore, I dug out an old Canvas messenger bag that I used with my son. Then after I got over the "Have to pack the entire house when we go out" syndrome I switched to a medium cotton shoulder bag. I've used that well through after my daughter was born. Now with three kids I might have to switch back to the messenger bag, but that's okay because I love that bag. Ha!

You can use beach bags, purses, oversized purses, shoulder bags .. Anything that holds what you need to take. I still look around for cute bags at every store I go to, so I can switch it up. You don't have to go to a traditional diaper bag, use whatever bag firts your stuff and your style.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Even when we had 3 kids in diapers at the same time we rarely used our diaper bag.  It just sits in the car and usually has clothes that are a couple sizes too small.  We found it was just easier to keep a bag of diapers and a pack of wipes in there.  We usually timed errands in between feedings (we do formula).  That's about the only reason we bring the diaper bag (it has the formula and a bottle in there).  We only ever brought it in places the first few months.  After that it stayed in the car unless the baby was going to need to eat while we were somewhere.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't know if this is your style or something you'd be willing to work with or not .... But If you go to a military surplus store you can find GREAT, really nice quality bags with lots of pockets. They're made to withstand some of the harshest conditions, so they'll definately withstand your kiddos. They have lots of pockets, come in nuetral colors, etc. Just another thought in your search.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I take mine everywhere. The only time I use my actual purse is when I go to work. My husband and I both got our own bags. Mine was much bigger. I found that it was harder to walk around in smaller areas and more of a pain to carry with a baby. So I use my husband's now. Just make sure that it has several different compartments to keep things organized! That was always a pain as well ;)
    BraydonsMama262

Answer by BraydonsMama262 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2010