Makeup

How old do you think girls should be before wearing make-up . Mine are 12, and 13.

Momabear455

Asked by Momabear455 at 9:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I was in high school when i started. Definitely not before then.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I let my dd start to wear makeup when she was in Jr high - BUT - it was a gradual process. Like, she started with some powder and tinted lip gloss. After awhile (not like a week - like I said, this was a gradual, like from where she started to what she wears now took yrs) - she added some eye shadow, then some blush. Then she added some eye liner and mascara.

I made a point of teaching her how to do it, and how makeup is to enhance what's there - NOT to hide who you are or change you. I stressed the "natural look" with makeup - no black lines around the eyes, no super heavy, cake it on makeup, etc. Now she's a 16 yr old Jr and she wears powder, blush, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, and sometimes lipstick. But again, as I told her, it's not just about what you're wearing, but how (and how much) you're wearing it.

I think the 13 yr old - she can start with a little bit. The 12 yr old, wait a yr.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:46 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My DD is 11. I let her wear lip gloss (very light and not real shiny), and light (pink) eyeshadow when she's not in school. I won't let her wear "real" makeup until she's 13 or so, and even then it will be light and subtle.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I was allowed when my friends did, which was 15
    mum-to-a-cutie

Answer by mum-to-a-cutie at 9:39 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i will probably let my girls wear make up when they start high school. maybe very lightly before then in middle school, but just lip gloss and eyeshadow. my oldest is already interested in playing with my make up and she's only 3.. oh lord lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think 9th grade or so
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I am holding out till she is in highschool now she is only 9 so it has not come up
    fam5d07

Answer by fam5d07 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I was in junior high when I started wearing a little bit of makeup (eye shadow was about it) and was in high school, freshman year I believe, when I started wearing full blown make up. My daughter, who is nine, is allowed to wear some lip gloss and that is all. And it can't really be anything other than just a hint of a color. I am going to start letting her wear makeup around junior high and high school, more than likely.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think 12 and 13 is just fine!
    my niece was given toy make up at her 4th birthday, and I think that is just too young!
    first thing her mommy and I agreed on in a long time..........
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would say 13yr,she can start wearing make up not before...
    tanya120

Answer by tanya120 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2010