How can you believe this, christians?

You believe Jesus is your saviour. That the only way to heaven is through him, right? So all these beautiful people, who are kind and loving souls, but have chosen a different religion or no religion at all are going to hell just because they don't consider Jesus as their "saviour". Even if they respect Jesus and think he was an enlightened soul. Even people like Gandhi? One of the greatest humanitarians in history is burning in hell? How can this be possible? How can you believe in a god that would act this way? How can you believe in a god that gave you free will, but will send to eternal damnation for making the "wrong" choice? Would you do this to your children? Why would your god do this to us?

circle_of_life

Asked by circle_of_life at 9:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Religious Debate

• personally, i don't have an answer for you that you would like, or even consider..as your post clearly states your opinion about our beliefs. what i can say is, its my choice to believe what i believe.

that's about it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Hmmm, well, dullscissors, that was kind of a cop out, but whatever...
    circle_of_life

Comment by circle_of_life (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• This point is one of the several reasons I turned away from Christianity, because I could not reconcile this belief with my heart. It has never fit, because I just don't believe God works that way. But that's my own thoughts.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• its cop-out, simply because i feel you've already stated your position on my beliefs, so why should i explain or try to defend them?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

Why answer then? If she's stated something wrong, then elaborate, if she's not wrong, then why is that okay to you?
    It's a debate board, if you don't want to debate, then why bother posting at all?
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 10:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I am with dullscissors on this one. I don't bash your beliefs. It is my right to believe the way I want. That's not a cop out, just a fact. Just like it is a fact that there is no reason to try and defend my beliefs when how you feel about them does not effect them in the least, just like my beliefs will never effect yours. I really don't think your post is a valid attempt to gain knowledge about Christianity, simply a chance to bash it. I feel sorry for you, in that you are so insecure in your beliefs that you have to bash those of others to give yours validation.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i did answer. it my choice to believe what i believe. not going to 'debate' the difference in debating and bashing.

i'm out. enjoy yourselves!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Lol, I'm not insecure about my beliefs! And I'm not bashing anyone. I want to know how you guys believe this, and why. Explain it to me. Tell me how you accept this as truth. I haven't bashed anyone.
    circle_of_life

Comment by circle_of_life (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Just because you don't like the questopn, doesn't mean it's 'bashing'.....
    It's a valid question..... any i've yet to see an answer......

Would you put one of your children through eternal utter torture for not believing... yet still being good?
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 10:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Thank you, Piskie! I fail to see where I'm "bashing". I merely asking a question. I'm trying to understand the chrisitan view point. What's wrong with that???
    circle_of_life

Comment by circle_of_life (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Oct. 5, 2010