Do I have a right to be pissed off or am I just being hormonal and pregnant!?

I'll try to make this short. We have 3 large boxer dogs and a 7yr old son who they get along well with. Well now i'm pregnant and the one keeps peeing in the house. I've told my fiance it needs to stay in the garage until she learns to not go in the house (this makes me cruel supposedly). Plus taking the dogs out is hard because they pull and almost knock me down and I get so upset because I'm pregnant and worry they'll hurt me. I want to get rid of a couple of the dogs but he REFUSES!! I'm so angry right now because we were suppose to buy a house, get married and THEN have a baby but the baby came sooner and now this house is too small and we don't have a fenced in yard like we planned. Am I a bitch to want to get rid of all but one dog!? I've tried EVERYTHING to train them but that one just does not stop peeing in the house!!! It's EVERYDAY I'm cleaning up pee off the floor. GROSS!!!!!

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Honestly, if I were you I would talk to him again. Tell him you were concerned about the SAFETY aspect of it. Tell him you are not saying that you have to get rid of them, just that if you can't get rid of them, he has to build them a pen or fence in the yard! Because if not, you ARE getting rid of the one that pees if he likes it or not!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I can understand you wanting to get rid of an animal or two, but you guys got them to be apart of your family, how could you just get rid of them when it starts to get hard?
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i don't think your overreacting. i had one boxer and when we moved to a house with a smaller yard and then all of a sudden she started having bowel problems. after many months of protesting and whining i finally got my wish the dog is gone. i was prego too. she barked all the time, dug up our small yard, sprinklers and all. she had to be brought in at night cause her barking would start to early and i wanted to get as much sleep with the new baby as possible. you want to simplify your life. i see nothing wrong with that. he's gone all day and you get stuck having to deal with them. your husband is caring and loving the dogs more. that is what finally broke my husbands back on the subject when i said that he seemed to love the dog more then me. i found her a very nice home. where she gets taken out every weekend to go boating, he rollerblades with her and she is now the only dog in the home. boxer just have to much energy.gl
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't like dogs to begin with, so I am a little biased. However is this an older dog?? It's always possible she has an infection or her kidneys are failing. Also dogs can sense upcoming changes and it could be behavioral. I would discuss her health with the vet. I do think part of this is hormonal and pregnancy talking, but still you have valid concerns if they are pulling on the leashes. If he won't get rid of the dogs then he needs to compromise somewhere even if it means she stays in the garage. There's no reason you should have to continually clean up urine. Especially when pregnant. Rule out health and behavior issues before giving them up, and then if you do give them up, try to make sure they go to a nice home before an animal shelter. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:22 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I can relate. We have a pug who is 17 years old. The last 6 months she has started wetting the floor. I know she does not have much longer. I have told my husband that we have to keep her in the laundry room at night with papers and kennel her when we go away during the day. He finally agree just this morning. It is amazing that this question came up today.
    I do not know if you have tried kenneling the culprit. Kenneling is a very good way to train. Can't you fence your small yard?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:25 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Was the dog housebroken before and she just recently started going in the house again? If that is the case, it is probably because she can sense that you are pregnant. Dogs are known to do that because they are sensitive enough to pick up on things like that. Anyway, there should be some compromise there between your husband and yourself about what needs to be done with the dogs. I would try to make things work out to where you can keep them all, but if you are unable to please make sure that they go to good homes. Boxers are very energetic, yes, but they are wonderful dogs and great companions and oh so loyal. I wish you the best of luck, momma.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• We have a noise ordinance in the town that we live in so we cannot pen them outside because they bark. If they bark outside I'm sure some prick of a neighbor would call the cops and we'd be fined. Yes, they'll fine you!! The dogs have been a huge argument in our family for months now but now that I'm pregnant the issue has just blown up and continues to escalate. I don't want to worry about being dragged around the yard after having a c-section or taking the dogs out all of the time when I should be trying to be sleeping when the baby sleeps. My fiance says he'll take care of the dogs but he works 2nd shift one month and first shift the next!! He just cannot take care of the dogs all of the time or they'll be in their cages all of the time. Ugh.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

It's been hard for months now. The plan was to buy a house witha fenced in back yard so that I could just let the dogs out the door when we have children. The baby is coming first which is making this whole process harder. We don't own a house as we planned and it's causing a lot of stress on our relationship.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• well, if those dogs aren't being taken care of like they should, but I think you should look to making other arrangements. Talk to your guy is the bust suggestion I have.
    can they be put into doggie day care?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• How is keeping the dog locked in the garage teaching it to be house broken?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010