Well I am 25 and

after my DD goes into school there is nothing holding me back on getting my GED i am going to work hard at it and hopfully i can get it in a year and after that who knows sky is the limit i may go to collage and better myself but my question am i to old to do this or you think i can? my education level is at a 5th grade level Logn story i would also like some friends to talk to going thru the same thing :)

2_kiddos

Asked by 2_kiddos at 9:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• You're never too old to go back to school!! I think that's a great decision! Good luck!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 10:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You can absolutely do it!! Many school districts have "adult learning" classes (usually free!) that you can take to prepare yourself for the GED test. Most community and trade colleges accept a GED in lieu of a diploma for admittance. There are many types of student loans and grants available, all you need to do is talk to someone at the college of your choice and they will help you. Much luck to you!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Go for it!!!
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Never too old! You can do it and you will be thrilled after you succeed!!

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i seen this add maybe it will help you its for your high school deploma its called southeasternhs good luck
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I say go for it! I myself am not a high school graduate. Not too long a story, but not one I really feel like typing out right now. lol Anyway, I am currently studying for my GED and plan on taking the test next year once all the snow melts and it is easier to drive. :) I have hopes to begin college in two to three years (waiting on my husband's job to move us closer to the college I want to go to, which is four hours from where we live now). I wish you all the luck, and if you want to talk or whatever while you are going through this, just look me up!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If not you, who? If not now, when?
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• P.S. I'm bumping you!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• GO FOR IT!!! I'm so happy to hear that there are people with ambition that want to better themselves! Too often we see people that are comfortable with not having an education!! Good for you!!!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 10:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• GO FOR IT!
    I am as well 25 years old and have to get my GED. I made it to 7th grade, but long story short I punked out. Anyhow. I am as well looking at getting my GED and going to school. It is honestly the best thing you can do for yourself IF that is what you want to do.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2010