Do you tithe your 10%?

TALuke

Asked by TALuke at 10:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I havent recently but at times in my life I have. I believe we are called to do this and I think I have seen the money come back around to me when I have tithed.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• we tithe/give/offer more than 10%. we do so regularly, and it is applied to the budget before anything else.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:04 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes we do...
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yes, but in time and talent...not in treasures.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 10:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't (I'm a Buddhist), but I think this in interesting - I have a Christian friend that tithes 10% to his relatively small church, it is the first thing he budgets for, and he does so happily. He gives extra when he can. I have a Catholic friend that doesn't tithe, and complains about how they are always trying to "take money out of his pocket." He sends his kids to Catholic school, but doesn't support his spiritual community in any way.

I always thought that Catholics were supposed to tithe, that it was part of their teachings?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Not as much as we should. I need to get my budget in order and do it right!!!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 10:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Nope, but then again I don't go to church.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• We too donate time to the church and hubby plays in the church band and I help organize lots of events for the kids in the church - neither of us get compensated for what we do. We do give monetary offerings, but not to the point of giving a certain percentage. Honestly, I see how the church needs to be supported, but ours is large and brings in thousands each week, I think they are doing just fine.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't believe in tithing.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I JUST started my own business (literally, just NOW, lol) and I am giving my 10%

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2010