Would this kind of comment sway your vote?

A few years ago a man was running for city council. In an interview he said that he would have no problem voting against his constituents wishes if he thought it was in thier best interest.

Would you vote for someone who made a statement like that?

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 10:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• idk..but it appears to be honesty not seen very often in the political arena. most of the time, they promise any and everything to get your vote, then do the opposite.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Depends on how much I wanted to stay a politician.

The trick is to have the best constituents and such a horrendous decision would never come your way!     big smile mini

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Not at all.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• enough to financially support the take back 20.

http://www.takebackthe20.com/

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It would probably make me more likely to vote for said candidate since the candidate is actually being honest and upfront and saying things that no other candidate would dare say for fear of losing votes. I applaud honesty. It is getting harder and harder to come by these days.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Guess it all depends on who is running against him. I vote for the lesser of the two evils in most cases, which is as good as I can do.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Good question.

I would have to look at their voting history. If they had none, probably not. But of it were on one or two issues where the constituients are just plain misinformed...it wouldn't hinder me voting for him. If it was a constant, no....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I remember seeing a clip of a congressman or senator saying basically the same thing about Obamacare at a town hall meeting.

Why would you vote for someone that tells you that you mean nothing? I certainly wouldn't.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Nor would I.

I am a good constituent and never give my representatives reasons to have to "be my dad/mom".

I don't expect them to, and they don't need to do that for me.

CONSERVATISM ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                way to go

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:39 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Depends. I tend look at the whole picture not just part of it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2010