When I read the questions some of these women trying to conceive or trying not to conceive, I wonder if they are mature enough to make parenting decisions.

These questions are often so immature and without thought.
I am going to make this anon because the immature level is the level that would bash.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I understand what you are saying. I have to wonder if someone can't figure out a prenancy test - or even to take one - can handle actually careing for another human being. It doesn't take a genius, but a little common sense would go a long way. I too, and posting anon because I don't want to deal with the backlash.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yep I agree and have wondered that too...

I mean if you see a post that is like this :

" iz me pregos . me n lovr had sexx ever dayz. know me boobz ert. "

And I have seen one pretty much exactly like this.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Not only that - but their spelling & grammar is so atrocious you wonder how they'll handle when a child gets to school and they can't help them get the basics right - THAT is what gets me. And yeah - if they can't read a pregnancy test, how the heck are they going to read a flippin' thermometer if the poor baby is sick?!?! It's like a friend said on facebook yesterday - you need a license to fish, but any idiot can breed. And yes, I'm also anon to avoid backlash. Heheh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Also there is a girl on my Facebook that makes posts like that.... we grew up together and sometimes she asks for advice, but I just cant stand it..... She is pregnant with her 5th ! and acts like she is still in 5th grade...
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• @2lilbumblebees: That answer killed me. I truly LOL'd in RL. It's full of win and truth.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You have to understand that not everyone knows everything about taking a pregnancy test, when they ovulate, etc. That some people weren't educated properly on these subjects. But that has nothing to do with their potential parenting skills.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• What? I'm sorry I don't get how someone ttc would mean they can't make parenting decision. To me it just means they are having a hard time having a baby. Or maybe I just don't understand the question.
    Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 10:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• thank you jazzlikemraz!!! I totally agree with you there. Most people don't look to ovulation charting because they aren't yet concerned about it taking forever to get pregnant so they are unaware of what it is or how it works. (I could also say some of the mom's that respond to ovulation charting questions IMO are undereducated on the matter as well.)
    Pregnancy tests vary, and some want to know why some brands are better than others, etc.

It's only the questions like," I skipped my period, could I be pregnant" that drive me nuts. The obvious answer is "yes" But we aren't fortune tellers and can't foretell what the blood test results will say. I understand you are nervous and want to know RIGHT NOW.. but we honestly can't tell you.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2010