What to do if you work for a cranky boss (and the job market stinks)?

What do you do when you hear this from your new boss,

"I make a lot of mistakes at that job. So I hired you to take over on that job with the confidence that you won't make mistakes." ? (And, of course she'll take your credit)

Yeah, it's definitely a red flag. But, around in these parts, the job market stinks and your hubby begs you to not quit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• Do the best you can. If the situation becomes intolerable, start sending out resumes. I would never quit without another job in place.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Keep looking for a new job, but if you need the income in the meantime, suck it up and deal with it and be glad you have a job in the first place!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 10:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Keep yourself open to new work...put it out to the universe! And remember: This too shall pass
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Hi, my name is Renee Smith
    I have been there done that and I thank God He has blessed me with a way to take control of my future. I am going to share two websites with you. www.reneersmith.greatcareerplan.com and www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/reneersmith. Feel free to share this information. My contact information is on the websites. I hope to hear from you soon.
    RED57

Answer by RED57 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If the money is decent, I would just smile & say OK. Go to work, don't be late, collect your check and go home. Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet, especially in this economy. Good Luck!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You suck it up until you can find a new job.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 5, 2010