Are the dates a student loan is to be mailed usually pretty accurate?

We have 28 days to find a new apartment and we need the money to do it. We received a letter saying the earliest day it would be mailed is October 7th. But then we got another letter that gives the payment day as the day we first turned in the application for it, which was back in August. How is that even possible? Do you think the check will be mailed on the 7th? I don't want to end up on the streets!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I wouldn't count on it.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 10:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sorry but speaking from experience neither is really accurate. the due date doesn't mean that it has to be there on that date. The truth is the payment floats around and can take up to ten days to even be posted that it was received which means it can be considered late. My advice is I know this is not a good time but pay that loan because the interest alone will rise it up beyond belief after a while. If you need more time you can call and ask for a form to be considered for a hardship which will lower your payments for about six months. You will have to show that you are having a difficult time by supplying receipts of everything (trust me use everything you dish out) and that with your income it is difficult to keep up. This will at least buy you some time. Good luck
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You need to call them and ask them.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 5, 2010