just looking for some nice decoration ideas for a rental house.

i hate the walls.. HATE IT! but i'm not allowed to paint it. any ideas on what i CAN do? i like modern designs. not all floral and gaudy type things

khmymommi

Asked by khmymommi at 10:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i hear ya! we rent too, and i hated the walls at our last place. try some wall art...it really helps. you can find it really at any store. we found our last piece at pier one for 20 dollars. good luck.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Art work is the best an target some nice pieces. Look at a TJmax
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think it is wondeful when parents frame someof their kids artwork and hang it.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i don't know if this will work, but in our first apartment, someone had put up wallpaper, some textyred design, and the laquered white paint over it, since obviously we couldn't paint the walls. it looked just like a regular white wall, but in the room itself it made a really cool effect. i never bothered to put anything up, because it looked nice. even the lady showing us the apartment did a double take, and then said, hey, that actually looks pretty cool! maybe you could get away with something like that. i don't think i described it very well; it really did look pretty, very classy. and like i said, it was pretty much the only wall i left bare; everything else at least had like a picture or something on it.
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 10:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Wall Art - Target, TJ Maxx, take some architectural photos around your town - print them in black and white and then frame them in all black frames.... use the 3M command hangers to hang anything on the walls without damage.http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NACommand/Command/?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=SE_exact_3m-command&gclid=CP6e0vv6u6QCFdJ95QodsBx_sA  the link will take you to their website where you can print off coupons.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You can find cool wall art just about anywhere now. I don't like to spend a lot of money on my stuff because i change it so often. I've gotten cool stuff at Family Dollar, Fred's, Big Lots and even goodwill!!
    cmorbeauty

Answer by cmorbeauty at 10:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Frame big pieces of really bold wallpaper - cheap to do and change out if you get tired of it.
    deka21

Answer by deka21 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Frame your pics, or fabric...you could make faux windows or hang fabric on the wall (sounds weird but looked cool in the book I have)...Mirrors look cool...umm...IDK i rent too and its aggrivating, my place looks unfinished too, but I swear when I move I will decorate to my hearts content even though I am still renting!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• check out some martha stewart books
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Just to add with decor "less is classy".

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 10, 2010