When you give advice, do you actually say things that you would do or have done? If you tell someone to look up something on the internet - have you actually looked it up BEFORE you tell someone else to? adult content

I have shingles and am in severe pain - someone tells me to google it to see how long it will last. Are you kidding me? Don't you think that maybe just maybe I did that already? Did YOU look it up? It will tell you that shingles pain is one of the worst kinds of pain there IS!?!

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Health

• Yes, I do look it up, I only tell stuff I would do and I have read it before I post it.

MOST people on here DON"T look it up or Google before they ask questions. So, sometimes, we feel obligated to tell them to research on there own and have some idea before they ask on here.

I have never had shingles, so, I don't know much about it except that it hurts. I know a lady that had a think implanted in her back and when she hurt, she could press a button on a remote and it would relieve her pain on one side.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Hahaha..no problem. I always try to give answers to the best of my ability, but, I get called an opinion pusher and get voted down a lot. Either way, I don't care. I put out my opinion and folks can use it or ignore it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• only give advice that I have either taken myself, or what I would do in that situation. I try and think my answers out before I post them here and make sure that they are actually answering the question (although I admit sometimes I do get distracted from the original question and never seem to get it answered).

On the topic of shingles, however, I know absolutely nothing. I would say talk to a doctor maybe? Good luck and I hope the pain eases up soon for you!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• She must have had the pain long term after wards. I am afraid that might happen to me because I had shingles once before and now again not to mention I have other ongoing pain that isn't responding to pain meds I am on. My dr's want to put me on a morphine pump for my fibro pain.....might be the same thing?
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• No, hers was electric. LOL Like a little shock/nerve stimulator type thing.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Oh ok....def not for me! I have shocked nerves already! That would put me into oblivion! lol Thank you for your intelligent answer and for being nice about it. I am sorry but someone else ate a 2nd bowl of nasty for breakfast this morning and I am in NO mood to deal with it! Thanks again!
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have never had a problem with your answers. Actually usually I agree with you!
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 11:20 AM on Oct. 5, 2010