Not sure what to do... :(

Okay so her is my problem. My hubby works on Halloween until around 8pm. I have a 14 month old and a 1 month old and I want to take them trick or treating. My mom wants me to go with them around 5 pm, but my hubby wouldn't be able to go. He wants to go when he gets off work at 8 pm. I'm thinking that is a little late to go trick or treating. I don't want to hurt either of their feelings, and I'm not sure what I should do. Anyone have any suggestions? My hubby doesn't want to miss their first Halloween, but he wants to go so late at night. Help!

Becca1189

Asked by Becca1189 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• I would talk to your DH and tell him you are taking the kids out at 5 for some trick or treating, but you will save a few houses for him to go with you guys too. That way the kids aren't out super late.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:08 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I am not sure where you live but around here 8pm is usually the cut off time for trick or treating. We live in a very small town. We usually have trick or treat in our town on a day other than Halloween itself and then everyone goes to a surrounding town the other night to trick or treat on Halloween.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 11:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Most places dont trick or treat past 8pm. Cant he get off early? Besides, they are both so young, the real fun will begin in a year or 2 when they really appreciate what its all about. This year the 2 of you will be enjoying the candy-fest :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• THat is too late for little ones, if they could last I would say yes.

I would not go dinner time either people like to enjoy their food. :)

So I would try to go early around 12 pm if you hubby is home he can go for a little while, and your mom can go too. If your hubby has lunch around 3pm-4pm, he can swing by for a few minutes and go then. They are so little I would not take them out for alot either. :) Just tell them this would be best for the baby, at 5 I will be feeding them and at 8 pm they will be getting ready for bed.

Don't feel bad it is for the kids not them. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Most town now have set times to trick or treat our town is from 6 to 8pm.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 11:14 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yep, most places have set times, ours is 6-7pm
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• In our area, 8 pm is the end of the evening. Most kids are out between 6 and 7, some as early as 5. Truthfully, they are really too young to get a lot out of the event; this year would be more for the parents than the kids. If it were me, I would wait until at least next year when at least the older one will enjoy it more.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yeah unfortunately 8pm does seem to be the cut off time now. Back in my day, you'd see kids out til almost 10pm, but that doesn't happen anymore. Is there an event you can take them to instead? 14 months and 1 month seems really young to go trick or treating. I didn't take my son out until he was 2 1/2 (he had costumes however).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think 8:00 is too late. Where does your husband work? Is it close by? Can you dress the kids up and bring them to his work at lunch time? Then trick or treat with mom at 5:00.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would take them around with your mom for a few houses, then save a few for when your DH is home if your town is trick or treating that late. Ours is set too, its 6-9PM only.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010