HELP ... Which Disney hotel?

The choices we have are: all the value resorts, Dolphin, Swan, Caribbean Beach, Animal Kingdom, Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado Springs, Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans French Quarter, Boardwalk Inn, Ft Wilderness, Old Key West, and Polynesian (which is a bit expensive). Which Disney hotel would you recommend and why? Are there any that have better amenities?

mama_l

Asked by mama_l at 11:19 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Travel

• I think it all depends on what you want to do and which parks you want to go too. Port Orleans and Old Key West are by downtown Disney and you have to take buses everywhere you want to go. Animal Kingdom is beautiful but they only thing it is close to is AK, long bus rides everywhere else. The Polynesian is right by Magic Kingdom and you can take the monerail to MK or Epcot and that one has an awesome pool. I worked at the Wilderness Lodge and I loved it. It has a log cabin, homey kind of feel. It's right next to MK but again with the buses. The Swan and Dolphin and Broadwalk are over between Hollywood sudios and epcot. So again its all about what you want to do and how much time you want to spend on the bus, which aren't bad at all.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• animal kingdom lodge is BEAUTIFUL
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Depends on what experience you wish to have. Every resort has a theme pick the one that you want to experience. With Disney you will not be disappointed. Have fun!

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I really don't think you can go wrong with that choice. We only stayed in one - The Sports themed one, I don't remember what it was called, but I think it's the cheapest hotel they have. We loved it, the kids were amazed. Once you are there, you won't be comparing it to anything else. They go all out to make your stay amazing. Pick what you think is best for your family.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:25 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• The Polynesian is really nice, but you really won't go wrong with any of the Disney resorts. There is an awesome restaurant at the Polynesian called "Ohana's". You have to get reservations months in advance (at least for the 'normal' dinner hours). We LOVE to go there....and it's all you can eat. Just thought I'd throw that out there for ya.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• This is for our last night there. We will be staying in a villa with family for the week before at Old Key West Resort but wanted to get a full day in the last day.  We will be leaving early the next morning for our flight.  We really have no preference or even know what to expect.

mama_l

Comment by mama_l (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2010