How did you choose your childrens names?

Example: Sound pretty, came to me in a dream, named after a family member, ect...

emily1230

Asked by emily1230 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Baby Names

• Isjeah- was going to name him Quinton (because i like the sound) but decided to name him Isjeah after the first child I lost.
    Keziah- daddy wanted to name her that because he saw it in the bible a long time ago and always decided that he'd name his first girl Keziah. i wanted to name her Linae because i like the sound. it's American but it sounds like a Cambodian name to me (i'm cambodian). their middle names were made by my mother and my grandmother (tradition)
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 11:25 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Because I liked it and it went with my last name. LOL Braden Alexander is what I named him.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:30 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• We both liked the name. IT was one we could actually agree on. WE actually did not choose the name until he was born. The middle name is after my dh's middle name. So Connor Ryan it became. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i heard the name "josie" in a song and i like it so that's where she got her first name her middle name is danielle after my dad(daniel)
    my son's name sam but that's the only thing dh and i could agree on and his middle name is james, after both great grandfathers
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Well my first DD now 5 is Renee and my moms middle name is Renee so I got it from my mom, plus I wanted a name that ment something and it means born again. I wanted her middle name to mean something and wanted it from the bible it means gods oath (Elizabeth)

My now 2.5 year old we couldn't choose between Madison or Jenna. I liked Madison more than Jenna and my Dh like Jenna more than Madison so we left it to our then 2 year old we asked her if she like Jenna or Madison and she told us Madison so we went with it then we new her middle name was going to be Nichole (which is my sisters name) we didn't however know if it was going to be pelled N-i-c-h-o-l-e or N-i-c-o-l-e. My sister it is spelled with an H so I decided however I wrote it on the birth certificate that was the way it was going to be spelled lol. So actually I spelled it with the H and didn't even think twice lol. I guess I was use to spelling it that way lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I got my daughter's name, Scarlett Abigail, a celebrity or TV show. I got Scarlett from the girl that plays Kyra on the TV show "Reba." Her real name is Scarlett Pomers. I got Abigail from a character on the soap opera "Days of Our Lives."

Our next child will either be Oliver Liam or Olivia Eindy, which are family names. Oliver/Olivia was my FIL's middle name, Liam was the last four letters of my grandfather's first name (William) and Eindy was my MIL's middle name.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My SO and I had Scarlett picked 2 years before I was pregnant. And Bella is italian and spanish for beautiful.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2010