can anyone tell how to get my child to sleep at night she wakes up screaming and cryin threw out the night and she is almost two and has seen every doctor there is to see and they jus give her meds to make her sleep which btw DON'T work

shona1983

Asked by shona1983 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is she having Night Terrors?

Pick her up and comfort her. Co-sleep. I wouldn't give a baby that small sleeping meds.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• have you had her checked for diabetes? my 2yr was having trouble sleeping at night..waking up screaming crying and we couldn't figure out what was wrong...then a few months later (this was still going on) she had an episode where she was breathing heavy very lethargic and just didn't want to do anything..no fever so I wasn't sure what was going on. we took her to the er and found out her sugar was 598. after 4 days of diabetes education and PICU we found out that the waking up at night/nightmares were a sign of high sugar. If you havent had her sugar checked I would just to be on the safe side!
    cndennis

Answer by cndennis at 11:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• night terrors It wil go away by 4 yrs. old usually all you can do is comfort her! And please remember, just because she looks awake doesnt mean she is!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• every test that can be done has been done eeg cat scans ect but the doctors say she is fine and that she is too young for night terrorsand she sleeps in the bed with me and her daddy and the thing i dont understand is she dont want to be loved on or cuddled with she wants to be left alone i dont understand it
    shona1983

Comment by shona1983 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Wow, ok. BTW, she is NOT too young for a night terror. She is about the right age. I really don't have much other advice since everything seems to be done and you have done all you know.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• the doctors arond here jus arent that great and i have tryd everything maybe she will grow out of it but thank u
    shona1983

Comment by shona1983 (original poster) at 2:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010