Silicone Bakeware-What are the pros and cons?

I'm interested in using it, but skeptical if it works.

Queenofscrap

Asked by Queenofscrap at 11:28 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I love it. Food doesn't stick, it's easy to get your baked goods out. They're easy to clean and they last for a long time.
    A little tip, now that I saw the first reply, I put my silicone molds on top of a cookie sheet so it's easy t o get in and out of the oven. And that reminds me that silicone cooking sheets are amazing as well.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I've had nothing but great results. The only issue is taking it out of the oven. I have a bread loaf/meat loaf pan that I put on a baking sheet now because if not it is still floppy when I go to take it out. It really doesn't stick. I love them!
    mellonhead

Answer by mellonhead at 11:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have a few that I use, and I love the fact that they DO NOT STICK!! I have always, however, used a cookie sheet under them when I was using them because they are floppy. But that's all part of their appeal!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2010