If your DH or SO.....

Lied about something really stupid that you would not have even cared about, would you think he was lying about much bigger things? Ever happened to you? Were your feelings right?

bjojola

Asked by bjojola at 11:31 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband has lied to me about smoking and almost losing his job. It took him a while to earn my trust back after that. We almost split up over those little lies because I don't put up with it. Almost every word out of my father's mouth to my mom is a total lie and she puts up with it. I vowed to never put up with any kind of lie. I don't care how small or large it is, it's intolerable.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Oh yah.. My ex used to lie about the stupidest stuff.. he was cheating the whole time!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:32 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Guys lie to avoid conflict. A little lie doesn't necessarily mean he'll cheat on you and lie about it too. The question is do you trust him to not do things that he'd have to lie about?
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:35 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Yea there could be more to it than you think. My hubby added a girl on his facebook and i asked who she was and he got all offensive, i wasnt mad just curious, well he said she was a girl he went to high school with well when i looked at her profile she was only 18 so i know she didnt go to school with my hubby. Turned out they worked together.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I believe if you really know you DH or SO then you can pretty much tell if he's cheating...you know us women have that feeling like you just know that you know and you will catch him! LOL i think that a small lie can not lead to bigger ones unless they are ALWAYS tell little lies about stupid things, but i feel that if a DH or SO feels that they have to lie about something small it may be cause to they way we have reacted in the past about something " small to them " and then there becomes a growing fear about it later when they have to tell the truth...
    allforlove229

Answer by allforlove229 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i know my husband well enough to know when he is lying and he does lie about the little things but i know that he wouldn't or has ever cheated. he lies to me cause i can be a nag about little stuff that i wish he would follow through with. like i asked that he double check and make sure that he sent over all the right paperwork over to state assistance. he said he double checked it and when they called to say they were missing the check stubs i asked him again how this happened if he double checked what he faxed over and he admitted then that he didn't do that and he lied to me about it. i had asked him to double check cause they said they hadn't gotten pay stubs the first time either. i told him that he didn't have to lie to me but he does so that he doesn't disappoint me. not cause he is hiding another big issue. that is not him.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If he's gonna lie about something small...he's gonna lie about something huge...it's just how PEOPLE in general all, not just men cause women do it too.
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I thought I trusted him, I had no reason to believe he was lying, then one of my friends came over and he told the truth.... I would not have been ,at him AT ALL and he still lied. So now I'm questioning alot of little things that COULD be red flags? I have always taken him at his word.

bjojola

Comment by bjojola (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• he also lied about loosing money when he was actually saving it to buy my birthday gift. i wonder what it is!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• not really
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2010