How do you feel about this? Texting and driving..

IMO.. I feel if you are caught texting and driving you should lose your car and all driving privilege for life..
IMO...If a life is taken away because of texting and driving imo your life should be taken as well.
Thats how i feel ..

MTM

Asked by MTM at 11:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Travel

• Texting and driving is just as bad as drinking and driving...you just cannot do it.
    wifenmomnc72

Answer by wifenmomnc72 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Take my car for texting and driving? A ticket will suffice
    If somebody causes a bad accident while texting then of course they need to deal with the law just like any other vehicular crime.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think for life is a little extreme.. I don't agree with texting and driving and do thing think there should be some kind of punishment, but life? Nah. You don't even get that when you drink and drive.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:39 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• And no.. Its not "an eye for an eye" anymore..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• how do i feel about that? i feel that's outrageous and extremely harsh. texting and driving is a stupid thing to do and there should be harsher punishment for it, but not the flippin death penalty. good grief
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• hate texting and driving! Even though talking on a cell phone is illegal now where I live, I still see it ALL the time! People are 100% distracted using a phone for talking or texting while driving.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• For life? There are people who get caught drinking & driving that dont have a punishment that harsh. I would agree they probably need a ticket..assuming its illegal in the area (some places it is not; in my state its only illegal for someone under 20) But if someone were to cause a fatal accident due to texting/driving, then sure revoke them...just like they would if they caused a fatal drinking/driving accident.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think they really need to have harsher punishments for texting and driving. I wouldn't go that far as to life but it does need to stop.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• would you be ok with the death penalty if you killed someone while texting and driving? (not saying that you would or that you do, just hypothetically). you think it would be fair for them to take your life too, leave your kid(s) behind without a mother? i get what youre saying and youre entilted to your opinion, but put yourself in the other person's shoes and really think about what you're saying....
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think it is stupid and selffish and the reason my 17 yr old does not have a license yet because when we are out driving she will try to sneak a glance at her phone so if she does that with me in the car what will she do when I'm not in the car
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010