Can you control your mind?

Like if you're having bad thoughts, and they just keep replaying over and over in your head, can you control it? I cannot seem to. I want to only think positive things, but these negative thoughts creep in and I can't seem to stop them. I am, as well as you are in control of your thoughts. But how do you push out the bad ones, and only let good ones in? Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Entertainment

• Sounds like OCD to me.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• This happens to me sometimes, too. The only way I have found to start to get the bad ones out to make room for the good ones is to write down what I am thinking. Either write it in a letter to someone, write in a journal, or type it in a blog, or even just on the computer then delete it. I hope this helps. Oh, also, sometimes after I write it out, of if I can't right at that moment I will put my ear buds in and blast some upbeat music on my iPod.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• You have to replace the bad thoughts with good thoughts. But you can never really get rid of bad thoughts. You can only keep them from taking over.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Sometimes I have a hard time controlling the bad thoughts. I haven't really found anything to help me, writing them down just makes me think about them more.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 4:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2010