Do you allow your kids to go ringing doorbells?

I am very old school, born in the 70s and was brought up to respect people. I have taken notice that some of the neighborhood kids who know my kids would come and ring my doorbell or knock like they have no common sense every time we pull up. First of all, if I do not know you, adult or child, I will NOT answer my door. It annoys me when little kids just stand there and constantly ring my doorbell. I do not mind my kids having friends, however I need to know the parents of the other kids. I honestly believe all parents need to be concerned of who their children associate with and knowing who the parents are should be the first step. Parents need to come together to keep these kids in line. Back in the old school days, everyone knew everyone's kids and parents knew of each other.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• well, he is 4, so that question doesn't really apply to me yet
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Not unless I know the parent's of the child's house they are going to, and I can see them until they are allowed inside. Since we live at least a quarter of a mile from our nearest neighbor, and we don't really know them they don't really have this issue. However, before we moved here there was a little girl that lived up the street and a little boy that lived across the street that would come over and ask if they could play, and vice versa. But like I said, I knew the parents before hand and I always watched them with an eagle eye.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• When my girls were little we lived in the suburbs and the parents always came to the door and every parent knew eachother. Then I moved to a small told that is cold as ice..seriously! it is when my kids made their playdates with new kids I would walk my kid to the door and introduce myself and the other parent would act like I was a freak for being so friendly...I have learned that people around here do not know how to respond to friendliness
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• absolutely not.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Well I do on October 31. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010