Christmas Budget

What is your budget per child? How old is your child?

SO and I are debating this now.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• Depends.. Probably about 200 or so on each child.. I have a 5 year old and a 4 year old.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i did my layaway online at kmart yesterday. my total was a little under $150, and that's for 3 kids, who will be 4, 2, and 11 months at Christmas time, mind you, I also put the birthday gifts for the 2 year old and 11 month old on there too. Everybody is getting about 3 or 4 things for Christmas and birthday, though my oldest is getting a little more. Since they're young, they won't really care about the gifts yet, and we have so much toys and junk as it is!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• and not to mention, we have a super huge family so they will be getting more stuff from other people, so i knew i didn't have to go crazy this year. i made that mistake last year.. lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• prob one gift per child due to are MAJOR income DECREASE.....THE holidays are going to suck for us....oh well its life
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• around two hundred for my child and around two hundred for the rest of the family lol
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Honestly you guys arent helping me out..SO is winning at this point lol
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have a 9 and 7 year old I normally spend 250 on each I do not have alot of people to buy for so I can spend extra on them.
    karglynn

Answer by karglynn at 12:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• This may not help you, but we just get things until we feel like we are through. We started 2 weeks ago when toys r us had a buy 2 get 1 free deal. We had looked at and priced the stuff already and prices were the same, so we got a $40 toy free. We just pick up things until Christmas. My husband will go to the office Christmas Eve morning and will bring something else home. He will be 3.5 at Christmas.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 12:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My dd is 8. I want to get something "big " from us and something "big" from santa. I think it will be her last year with santa. I like to also get her board games or science experiments, crafts, just stuff to do. I want to put tickets to Wicked in each of our Stockings. Basically I think $300 is a good number but I only have 1 kid and I save alot of stuff to give at Christmas time..meaning I dont give her much during the year, but I like a big Christmas. I think he has agreed to my $300 he was at $200 before.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think $300 is great if you can afford it, and it sounds like you're giving her some pretty awesome stuff. I can't afford that for my kids, we still get them what they want and some pretty fun things to do as a family, but we are at about $100 per kid from us, and then my mom does about $150 per kid but we really don't always spend the same per kid because DD's presents are often cheaper than my boys gifts because the boys are older and are more into video games and electronics which of course are more expensive than dolls and such. This year my boys will get a basketball goal and new basketball to share as their gift from "santa" (we still do Santa for them because my DD is 6 and she still believes wholeheartedly, and they think it's fun). I don't know yet what DD is getting. Then the boys will each get one more gift from us, and a few from my mom also.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010