i quit taking my bc pills the thing is.....

ok i quit taking my bc pills i just abruptly stoped taking them i was in the second week of the active pills and quit taking them so my question is.....will i get my period soon since i quit the pills or will it start when it should if i was still on the pills?.....my reason for quiting the pills is becasue i believe im pregnant my last period was extremley light and my boobs are sore and full....i took a test and seen a faint line but dont now if its a evap line so to be safe i quit the pills...if i was still on the pill i wouldnt be due for a period for 2 more weeks so im not late and with my last two kids it didnt show positive till i was almost 2 weeks late...any advise?

mama2my2boys

Asked by mama2my2boys at 11:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• In my personal experience when I have stopped taking pills in the middle of a pack, I began bleeding within a few days. Except for the time when I thought I was pregnant. I quit taking them & I never started because..well..I was pregnant! lol But, I didnt get a positive test for 3 weeks. If I were you, I would test again in a week & see.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Unless you want to risk having multiples - you need to wait a completely cycles before trying to have children.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• im not trying to have kids while im on the pill it was just that i started to bleed during the active pill and i ovulated when i was on the sugar pill which leaves to be believe i am pregnant.....i quit taking my bc pills on fri night and still no sign of my period....my plan was to get off the pill anyways but not the way i did i just have a fealing that i am pregnant so i quit taking them......

LISA:89J.....so how far along were you when you found out u were pregnant ?
    mama2my2boys

Comment by mama2my2boys (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• By the time I got a positive test I was 7 weeks, I believe (maybe 8) Forgive my memory..that "baby" is 16 years old now! I went & had a test done at planned parenthood & they said negative. I waited two more weeks..no period so I went to a clinic up at the hospital that they used to have there & they said yes, indeed I was. I really felt I was before that but it wasnt showing up yet.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'd give it another week then take another test if you don't have any bleeding. I would call your gyno if you have any bleeding though.. even a faint positive line is normally positive, and bleeding could indicate miscarriage rather than your actual period.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:55 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• and don't feel bad I'm pregnant right now because of the sugar pills, lol.
    xxhazeldovexx