WHy is mil doing this to me?

She hurt her hand and it got swollen and since she is not on speaking terms with her daughter who lives in her house, she has been calling my hubby a lot more than normal. LOL. So if I answer she will not say anything, then hubby will call back and she will ask himm to go to buy her hairspray, medication . Yesterday, an hour earlier she called looking for her son. He calls her back and dhe is looking for the heating pad. I told my hubby wth with not asking me and he defends her , maybe it was not hurting her so much. I bring her the heating pad and her hand is so swollen! Why is she acting that way with me? Is it because she is fighting with her daughter and it rubs off on me too? What's up???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• maybe she doesn't like being a burden to you but feels comfortable with your son and asking him to do these things. i could see my mil asking my hubby to do lots and things i could do for her but she probably wouldn't want to bug me with it. i think she would think that i would think something bad about her. maybe. although i wouldn't but she really doesn't know me well enough. just like if i want something i sometimes have my hubby ask rather then me. i try to ask myself though so that it isn't a relationship that is not comfortable speaking to each other. also zombie that wasn't very nice at all.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• sounds like a question best answered by her
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• maybe you could reassure her that if she needs anything just to ask you and your more then willing to help. she has to much pride maybe and that is why she won't even ask her own daughter. how silly
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My husband would ask her. He would be like "Ma! Why don't you talk to --------?!!??
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I'd have the hubby talk to her.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• she actually needs to be putting an ice/cold-pack on her swollen hand..just sayin...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• my mom did this to me all the time i once ask my dad what's up with mom he would say it's that time of the month, i knew mom had pass that month along time ago so chalk up with she was being her bitch self lol ,so all you can do with your mil is chalk it up she her time of the month or sheis mom twin bitch
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Could she be menopausal, that would account for this unusual behaviour towards you. She seems like she needs to be loved and cared for, yet she's pushing you away.......If you can, I would nicely tell her, that your willing to listen to her needs and whatever, and see how that goes.....Good Luck

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:01 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• its because she hates you
    ZombieHousewife

Answer by ZombieHousewife at 12:03 PM on Oct. 5, 2010