I've got Thanksgiving on the Brain :)

What is a must have at your Thanksgiving Table?

We're are thinking about having ours at home this year just hubby and I and the kids :)

pjacademy

Asked by pjacademy at 12:08 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Me too... already so early. We have enchiladas and tamales lol... without them the turkey is nothing :0)

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:11 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• We always eat at my grandma's house and my must have there is her homemade stuffing and pumpkin or sweet potato pies!!! Mmmm just thinking about it makes my mouth water! LOL! Can we skip Halloween and go straight to Thanksgiving? :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I make Thanksgiving dinner every year, the staples are: Roasted turkey with gravy, sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole (with marshmallows on top), pearl onions in cream sauce, 2 kinds of cranberry sauce, soft dinner rolls. In addition to that I sometimes make brussels sprouts, corn pudding or baby carrots. Dessert is fairly simple, pumpkin pie, applie pie and my grandma's dessert waffles. I love Thanksgiving!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My absolute must have for Thanksgiving is stuffing, and homemade, not Stove Top, LOL!! I make my Grandma's cornbread stuffing recipe, and it's the BEST! Next to that, I have to have pumpkin pie =) Yummy!! Cannot wait for Thanksgiving, and just to think, it's right around the corner, next month!
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• we always have a butternut squash soup... I make it and freeze it a couple days before, and take it out and thaw it right before serving time. the kiddo loves to dip his turkey pieces in the savory soup and its so good for him! Another must is a pie (also make ahead!) usually an apple or cherry pie. Last year it was just the three of us and we tackled traditional oyster stuffing. Was so good and fun b/c we three made it together!
    Another nice this if its just u, hubby and the kiddoes is the make a spiced wine for you and hubby at the end of the night. This little ones asleep, you can pour a steaming mug and relish the great day... plus it leads to making another holiday memory, just btwn hubby and yourself! wink!
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 12:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My mom's Weber-grilled Turkey, twice baked potatoes, and Cream Cheese corn, My sister-in-law's 7 Layer Bars, My aunt's Deviled Eggs, and my mother-in-law's fudge!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 2:15 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My moms fruit salad and my grandma's stuffing
    AshlyN.

Answer by AshlyN. at 10:54 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• a must have on my thanksgiving table is baked beans... my hubby has to have them every thanksgiving!!
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2010