my 2 y/o repeats everything 10,000 times

how do you handle it?? how can i get her to ask me one time or tell me one time without constantly repeating until you go nuts.......ack!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hehehe welcome to their world
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• aw poor thing she is just trying to get your attention and let you know what she wants. she can vocalize now and its exciting and she wants to make sure you know exactly what she wants. its exciting to her! wouldnt you be excited if you could finally say what you wanted and needed?
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Oh man, my daughter did this and now my son does! They're just practicing, and they like to hear the sound of their own voice! To get my son to stop, I repeat back what he said and he stops. Like if he's saying "A bah, a bah, a bah" (meaning a bottle), I say "A bah" and he stops.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:38 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My sons did that. When I would get exasperated, I'd say, "I don't know. What do you think it is?". My children gave me some really interesting answers. For instance: "What is this?" (It was a padded bra.) I told him that I didn't know. I asked him what he thought it was. His answer: knee pads! They still asked alot of questions.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 8:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Mine does the same thing until I acknowledge her. Once I say "Yes, I see the playdoh snake" or whatever it is, she stops repeating it. I think it's just a toddler's way of making certain they have some of our attention.

I'll have to remember the "What or why do you think it is" question. Mine's not quite there yet but when she is this will be great. It makes kids stop and think about things too instead of waiting to be fed the answer. THANKS DustBunny!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• My son does the same thing (he turned two n september). He talkes 24/7. Except when I want him to to other ppl, lol. All he'll say is no. I usually just start a conversation with him and he'll end up changing the subject.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• my 3 yr old does the same thing and is even doing it right now as i'm typing this, he's like "want cookie want cookie want cookie" nonstop! aaaaaaaah
    its hard to make them stop, i tell him okay ready for a bath and he's like no! no bath and that will make him kinda forget for a moment about the words he kept on repeating. But then in a while he'll start again :0
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 5:09 AM on Oct. 25, 2008