How crazy do you get on Picture Day?

I don’t get crazy. I dress my daughter in clean, nice looking clothing and hope that she won’t play puppy on the play ground before school.

Works4Mom.com

Asked by Works4Mom.com at 12:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not really. Today was his first picture day. I made him get up shower & get dressed & fixed his hair for him like any other day. & then we went outside about 30 minutes before the bus came to get him to play kickball. I wouldn't let him play all over the ground (like rolling or whatever, ) But I normally don't do that before school anyway. after school he can do all he wants too.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 12:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Not crazy at all. I always send my kids to school looking nice. I'll make sure their hair is done but I really don't care since I never buy the school pics anyways. I can do better photos myself for free.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• well, you don't want to dress them in the same outfit two years in a row like I did. It is picture day today and my little guy wore his first day of school outfit and brushed his teeth really good.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Well, I went all out this year for dd!! lol,,,she is a senior. Had the hair appointment, highlights and cut. The gal did her makeup it was super de duper cool...then she got her senior pics done about an hour later. So happy with the results. But this is the first and only time I would ever go to such lengths and thats what made it so special!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't get crazy. I got a great camera this year. I will be taking my kids to the park and doing my own pictures. I'm done paying so much per kid for pics. that really don't turn out.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I don't get crazy. It's her picture!
    maureena373

Answer by maureena373 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Not crazy at all. I just put them in clothing that is clean and that is nice enough that I won't mind seeing a picture of on my wall for the next year. I do get them dressier for the Christmas pics, but school pics it's enough to see them in their usual school clothes.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• @beyondhopes, That I understand going all out. I'll probably do that too.
    I may get a little more into it when she's older and she cares, but right now as long as she looks clean and her hair isn't in her face we're all happy.
    Works4Mom.com

Comment by Works4Mom.com (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I haven't done this yet... But I remember when I was a kid, my mom didn't buy the school pictures, so I never actually knew when picture day was until I was in school in line to have my pic taken... lol I remember all the other girls always had these pretty dresses and perfect makeup, and I looked like I did on any other day...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I havent done this yet, but I am pretty sure that both my DD and I will be going all out. She is quite the girly girl.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010