hey you up there, could you come down off your high horse for a second, talk to me like we're equivalents and answer my question?

id like to know, why im so horrible for being a stay at home mom and collecting a few state funded benefits until my kids turn 5 and i can go back to work. i was working up til my 2nd pregnancy, i was on birth control when i got pregnant with my 3rd, and my husband was in the army through all of this. he got injured, lost his job and makes $10 an hour now and we're struggling. and fyi it's hard to get foodstamps and medicaid, we were actually told we make too much, but now we're getting very little help. what could i have done differently, to appear more successful in YOUR eyes? should i have aborted my 3rd? go to work anyway, and let my whole paycheck go to daycare? please, tell me why you're better than me and what gives you the right to judge me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• i know you are not speaking to me - because i have never seen this post before just now - no, nobody should judge anybody else - sounds like you are doing the best that you can with what you have - and are making the best of less than perfect circumstances - i give you allot of credit for keeping your family intact through this hard time you are going through and hope that things will start looking up for ya'll soon - you're in my prayers - and you are a GOOD MOM!!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• fuck 'em. you're doing the best you can and you're doing what you think is right. you can't please everybody.

"be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter" (dr. seuss)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Your husband is working. You are being a mommy. I think you are using what little benefits they'll give you for all the right reasons.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I salute you mama you do what IS BEST FOR YOUR FAMILY AND YOU...IF YOU A SAHM THEN GUESS WHAT you enjoy those babies and you be there for all of them and keep doing what you doing...if ppl don't like it oh well TOO DAMN BAD...nobody lives your life or walks your shoes so don't pay no mind to the drama they want to throw at you...i think your doing the best
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I see no problem with taking help if you need it.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• If you're doing whats right for your family, feel good about it, and forget what everyone else says... I've been on state assistance, I mean, isn't that what it's there for? to assist us when we're in a rough place? I was actually working at the time, and I got medicaid and daycare from the state, so I know how hard it is to qualify, and the hoops that you have to jump through to keep it.... Love your kids babe, and don't stress about what people have to say... let them get bent out of shape while you move foward... HUGS from Nicaragua!!
    SusieQue717

Answer by SusieQue717 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• THANK YOU!!!! i know what you mean! they classify that everyone on welefare is looking for a free ride. but we have nes for them, some of us are here only cuz we got no chioce. we don't like it! but it helps keep a roof over our heads and food in our bellys! hopefully people will read it and let it click that not everyone on welefare is going to aa or on drugs! thanks again for posting it. i felt like i was the only one out here that is in this boat.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• i swear some ppl act like if you use the assistance (mind you that is there to be used NOT for decoration) it's coming from there damn pockets...hello it's something that can help parent when needed and if you decide to be a SAHM i don't see why not wtf is it only wealthy rich ppl the only ones that can have many kids just cuz they can do it all by them selfs...hummmm and many might have many kids and the kids don't even know who the parent are cuz they so into making money they never spend time with there kids...SO I GIVE SAHM A CLAP YOU DO YOUR THING GIRLS...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:46 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• you don't have to like my opinion, but I'm entitled to have it and at least I have the balls to not post anon
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Things happen in life and there is such thing as karma and those who bash now and say well we are responsable...well one day they will have their own downfalls in life to deal that is when they will have to suck it up and realize life is not always fair and perfect
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2010