Anyone else have Gestational diabetes?

I failed 2/4 blood test. They are now making me have a diet where I have to only eat a certain amount of carbs and something that is high in protien 3 meals a day 3 snacks a day. I feel like this is more food then I normally eat and usually feel like throwing up by the end of the day. Let me also mention i'm small. I'm not obese. I get regular exercise daily. I don't eat a whole lot of sugar in the first place. I am wondering if I got a false positive. Has anyone else had this issue. I now have to prick my finger 4 times a day. 2 hours after every meal and once in the morning when I first wake up. All this is normal. I feel really depressed and I am not happy now. This can't be good for the baby. I am wondering if I really have it; or if my body just wasn't use to the sugary drink.

JBlenker4

Asked by JBlenker4 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• oh and also my baby measured small at the last appointment. Usually Gestational diabetes are big according to what i've read.
    JBlenker4

Comment by JBlenker4 (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I had it twice...and the test is probably right....sorry :(

YES it is a lot of food! Its just to keep your sugar stabilized better...

I am not very small or very big either...I am a moderate size...lol. It stinks...but really count it up...it wont be long you have to do it.....you are probably close to 30 weeks right?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My baby is measuring small right now too....neither of my other two were large...my first was 7lbs 1 oz...the other was 8 lbs 1 ounce.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy 8 months ago. It was hard i'm just glad i didnt have to have insulin just a good diet and exercise. Not sure about your case tho I am over weight so thats probably why I had it but you dont have to be over weight to get it you should be fine as long as you keep everything in check. Good Luck.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• yea I am just a little over 30 weeks. I am super frusturated. I just want to be done with this. I've had 3 miscarriages in the past and this is my first healthy baby. I don't think I should feel like i'm going to throw up with the amount of food they are making me eat. My blood sugar has always been low in the past. According to the thing you use to measure your blood it is still low.
    JBlenker4

Comment by JBlenker4 (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My baby wasnt big either and I had gestational diabetes I had her 4 day early and she was 7lbs 9 oz and 19 in long but with 80% of cases the baby is usually larger than normal but not always.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• this diet they put me on is making me feel worse. not better. I felt fine before I took the test. This morning I had more carbs then the nutritionist said and my blood sugar was still lower then 120.
    JBlenker4

Comment by JBlenker4 (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have type 1 diabetes even when im not prego. And the diets & stuff suck exspecially if you are used to more carbs then they are letting you have. It will just take some time for you to get used to it.
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I was just put on blood sugar testing yesterday. I wasn't given the tolerance test; just pretty much told I have gestational diabetes. Right now, I'm just to keep testing 4 times a day (NOT COOL for a needle phobiac like me!!) and trying to cut back on the junk. I go a nutritionalist in two week but I am a huge picky eater...I might just end up pissing her off!!
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 5:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• The nutrionist told me to eat a certain amount of carbs at every meal and snack. Plus something that is high in protien at every snack and meal. Um Honestly there is a thing as to much protien and I think this is what is making me feel so sick. So I am actually going to cut back on that some and see if it makes me feel better.
    JBlenker4

Comment by JBlenker4 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010