Ran across the facebook/cafemom question today about breastfeeding a child thats not your own, some of those responses TRULY erked me!

I completely understand those that are worried about the woman being D&D free, I even understand those that are like "nursing is a bonding experience" but why not allow another to pump to help feed a child. Breasts are NOT sexual, there meant to feed our children! My milk is not souly made for MY child, if that was the case, women wouldn't have issues breastfeeding, children wouldn't have allergies to mom's milk- those excuses are absurd!
Every child should have the same opportunity as others, and if my son couldn't breastfeed because I was unable, or dead, or sick, or didn't produce, what's wrong with wanting the very best for him, while giving him the bonding experience of feeding from a mothers breast, which is so beautiful and important for development!
people that find it "perverted" or "depraved" as some said on those comments, should truly be ahsamed of yourselves!

JnCV

Asked by JnCV at 12:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think I'd just like for it to be a bonding experience with my baby and me.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 12:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• tell them to look up "wet nurses"
    the practice went on for hundreds of years
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I agree with you, as long as you know the other mom is clean and healthy. In fact it used to be that wealthy women paid a wet nurse to breast feed their children. It's nutrition pure and simple, and this is from a mom who was unable to breast feed and ended up formula feeding her boys.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:34 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't want that. No way, no how. Then again, I didn't breast feed.
    If people think it's a bonding thing-why would you want your child to be bonding w/somebody else. If you're alive.

Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I saw that and commented. LOL They irked me as well.

This was my comment:"Haha, so, y'all call this disgusting, but, feeding cow's milk from another animals breast isn't gross? Hahaha. I would rather my baby have human milk no matter the source, than milk from a cow boob. It's for baby cows."
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:35 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• For me it's more of the fact that I don't know what the lady eats, if she takes care of herself, if she has any illnesses, or is taking medication. Not a sexual thing more of a safety one
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It was asking if you couldn't provide BM for your child, would you allow another to help you by providing it. Even if pumped. And most of the commenters acted truly disgusted and immature about it.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/110401/would_you_let_another_woman?utm_medium=sm&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=fanpage

http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=6277539801&share_id=152144411488609&comments=1&ref=notif&notif_t=like#s152144411488609

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I would rather my son be able to experience TRUE bonding skin to skin contact, no matter the source, than have compleatly missed out. I was unable to breastfeed due to a breast reduction opperation I had 5 years prior to the birth of my son. I didn't produce ANYTHING, and it killed me that my son missed out on thta experience. I did however allow him to latch despite the fact that nothing came of it. I still feel that was a very important bonding experience. eventually I got a feeding tube like thing, so when he latched formula or donated milk came from the tube.
    JnCV

Comment by JnCV (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Personally, I wouldn't use someone else's breastmilk. Like someone else said, I don't know what that women is eating or ingesting into her body that could affect my child. Then again, I only breastfed for a few days because I got a serious infection in both breasts and the docs couldn't guarantee if it would pass to my child. And BTW, a bottle fed child can bond just as well as a breastfed child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• IT ALL STARTED WITH "NURSE MAIDS" BACK IN THE DAY- IF A MOTHER COULDNT PRODUCE ENOUGH MILK ANOTHER MOTHER WOULD NURSE HER CHILD SO THEY DIDNT GO WITHOUT. EVEN TODAY YOU CAN ACTUALLY BUY SOMONE ELSES BREASTMILK.
    king0913

Answer by king0913 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2010