WHAT KIND OF FORMULA DOES YOUR BABY USE?

i been breastfeeding since he was born, but i feel like im "drying up" ...when i pump i dont get much latley-(not enough to feed him ). and when hes on my breast i feel like he is not getting full. this just started happening the past few days. he is only 3 weeks old. so i tried similac reg. and he threw it up, goodstart the same thing, emfimil he cant keep down either. someone told me to try SIMILAC SENSITIVE....WHAT DO U THINK??

king0913

Asked by king0913 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use breastmilk formula! lol honestly my baby wont take a bottle or any milk from a cup.. she perfers the boobies! lol shes very stubborn
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Good start gentle plus orange can
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• my son uses similac sensitive because he has a problem with lactose so you could try it but id talk to your ped. before you do anything..
    amberv

Answer by amberv at 12:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My baby has to have Soy so i couldnt breastfeed when she was born she is on goodstart soy-blue can
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:39 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• Your son is having a growth spurt. That is why he nurses more. Just keep putting him to the breast. He has made it 3 weeks on your milk. As long as he is having at least 6 wet diapers, he is getting plenty.

Pumping is NOT a good indicator of how much milk you make. MOST mom's can only get a ounce if they pump. Even those with HUGE babies that have been nursing for many months.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:41 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I used Enfamil Gentlease for one of my girls and for the other Enfamil Lactofree Lipil. These formulas are very soft and powdery. The reg powders are kinda rough/hard looking. You could try half breast milk and half formula. Like you make 2 ounces of formula and add two ounces of breastmilk to kinda wean him off. Maybe you can try that. I think you'll give him a tummy ache or diarhea if u keep switching/trying formulas like that.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 12:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I've been nursing now for six months since about four weeks I haven't been able to express or pump much of anything. If your LO is having six - eight wet and dirty diapers a day he's getting enough to eat, nothing comes out if nothings going in. Just keep nursing, now's a bad time to switch to formula anyway what with the tainted formula scare recently.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 12:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I think that the things you are describing DO NOT mean you are drying up. If you are nursing, and changing 6-8 diapers in a 24 hr period, your baby IS getting enough. A pump can tell you one thing: how much you are able to pump. It does NOT mean that is what your baby gets while nursing. If you WANT to keep nursing, I advise you to do just that: nurse, on demand. Unless there is a significant drop in diapers or weight, things are fine.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I had the same thing happen. My son also couldnt keep down regular Enfamil. I found Enfamil Gentlease when I went to the store and figured I would give it a try. He is doing great on it, he has only spit up once since hes been on it and I think that was because he ate too much. It doesnt have that nasty formula smell either.
    mandapanda942

Answer by mandapanda942 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 5, 2010

• My son has Neocate amino acid based formula with DHA and ARA. But he gets it from the pharmacy, he is prescribed it. He HAS to be formula fed due to milk protein allergy. My oldest breastfed for almost two years.
    At three weeks, I doubt your drying up. He probably having a growth spurt. They have them often in the first year. I believe there is a general chart. Its usually at 2 weeks 6 weeks 3 months 6 months. I believe.. Maybe google average baby growth spurts.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 5, 2010